Question:
where should I visit? Eugene, OR or Bend, OR?
nalu
2006-03-17 06:28:05 UTC
where should I visit? Eugene, OR or Bend, OR?
Seven answers:
cody_chae
2006-03-17 15:19:54 UTC
True, Eugene is pretty sleepy. Probably not the most exciting place to visit unless you have friends or some other reason to go. It is a bit is hippy/college town.

Bend has been up and coming for the last five years now and is probably where I would go given the choice. There is a lot of out door activities if that interests you. Skiing, biking, hiking. This climate is high desert. There are some nice resorts to stay at and a cute little town there as well.
sandislandtim
2006-03-18 16:49:12 UTC
With all due respect, I beg to differ with the previous posters. There are plenty of fun things to do in Eugene. If you like the outdoors and the woods, and a more temperate climate, Eugene is the place to visit. True, it's not as trendy as Bend, but the people are friendlier and the climate is better.

You can ride your bike along or across the Willamette River right downtown (Eugene is one of the top 5 bike-friendly cities in the US), hike in the hills to the south, go boating on Fern Ridge Reservoir, take a trip up the McKenzie Valley to the east - then kayak or float downriver, head over to the coast at Florence, or enjoy a play or a concert at U of O or downtown. And everything is cheaper in Eugene than it is in Bend.

You can have a very good time in Eugene.
2006-03-19 19:49:13 UTC
I think if you are a more outdoors-y person, visit Eugene. If you like more of a city, Bend is your place. But I think if you really like the city, come to Portland! It's awesome, and it's about an hour or two from Eugene!
Ram
2006-03-17 14:30:57 UTC
There is nothing in Eugene, OR. It is just a small city with no real attractions. On the other hand, I feel Bend is classy.
Elysee
2006-03-20 08:08:30 UTC
Eugene, Oregon is a cool place to visit. There is a university of Oregon to visit. Do visit in autumm where you can see lots of red leaves. Also, if you enjoy nature, feeding the ducks, biking, hiking...etc There is also big shopping malls at River valley Center.
Blubla
2006-03-20 01:58:19 UTC
Bend
Orion Quest
2006-03-21 09:23:10 UTC
Loved Eugene, the restaurants were awesome, weather is nice.