Question:
I am about to move to Portland, Oregon and i've heard that it rains 6 days out of the week. Is this true??
UshaUsha12345
2006-02-14 10:18:37 UTC
I am about to move to Portland, Oregon and i've heard that it rains 6 days out of the week. Is this true??
Seven answers:
onewhitewhiskar
2006-02-19 12:13:54 UTC
It rains frequently here, but most of the time it's a drizzle or a light mist. Annual rainfall totals are less than Atlanta, Birminham, Houston, and Seattle. If gray days get you down, it might be a bad move, but everyone gets out and enjoys the sunny days to the fullest.

Here's the official Portland Tourism page about weather:
trade_info
2006-02-18 23:16:05 UTC
The last few days have been clear and sunny, just really cold. Usually you get a light rain and 40 degree temps in the winter. If you must have sun all the time, Portland is not for you. Most people who live here do not even bother with umbrellas, it is just not that big a deal. Buy a good waterproof jacket and gore-tex cross trainer shoes and you are set for city walking or trail running in the rain.
melissa
2006-02-14 10:25:31 UTC
sometimes it does ^_^.. At about this time I would be more worred about snow. But yes it rains all the time. at least once a week.. but it is cloudy almost everyday. I went to Portland and seattle for a visit and I was there for 2 months.. and it rained at least every other day.
Rock Nate
2006-02-14 10:32:00 UTC
It rains a lot. But each part of the country has something about it that sucks.

At least plants will grow well.

Try living in the Texas Panhandle....absolutely the crappiest, most desolate place in the US!
Mr. Curious
2006-02-14 13:58:13 UTC
Well it rains a lot. I visited there for one full week and it only rained twice: the first time for three days and the second time for four days.
sandislandtim
2006-02-15 08:32:57 UTC
It rains a lot during the winter...but the summer (June-July-August) is glorious, not too hot or cold and not much rain at all.
cw4012
2006-02-20 16:31:11 UTC
During the winter, yes ... but we use the A/C regularly in the summer ... we have four seasons and our winter and early spring is wet, wet, wet ... but its what makes it so beautiful and green up here!