Question:
Where's the best city to live in Oregon? Not in a big city, but close to one and west?
Fartbuster
2006-05-04 10:44:54 UTC
Where's the best city to live in Oregon? Not in a big city, but close to one and west?
Three answers:
Tiss
2006-05-05 08:52:48 UTC
Portland is really the only big city in Oregon, so if you want to live close to one you could try Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Hillsboro to the west. Clackamas, West Linn, Oregon City to the Southeast, Gresham, or Troutdale to the East. The only thing north of Portland is Vancouver, Washington. They have much lower property taxes than Portland, and you can shop in Portland and save on sales tax (Oregon has no sales tax). I grew up in Portland and wouldn't live there now (too rainy), but it is a nice place to visit. If I had to live anywhere in Oregon it would be Bend. It has most of what you would find in Portland (restaurants, shopping, etc.) but it is much drier. It's a great place for outdoor activities (biking, golf, rafting, skiing, etc.)
seetheglobey
2006-05-04 18:31:23 UTC
I have heard people mentioning Ashland, OR as a cool place.
arizona_mom03
2006-05-05 03:12:03 UTC
i heard salem is nice