Question:
What are the must sees in the Portland area if this is my first time ever in Oregon?
2006-05-12 20:57:35 UTC
What are the must sees in the Portland area if this is my first time ever in Oregon?
Four answers:
someDumbAmerican
2006-05-15 13:13:36 UTC
Outdoors

Silver falls, west of salem

The beach, anywhere will do try ecola park near 26 to start

Ape cave at Mount St. Helens in washington

In town

Hawthorne street (is not the gay and lesbian area, its hippies)

Belmont street

Mississippi Street

Alberta Street

21st and 23rd avenue NW Portland (trendyville)

And the pearl district dwt also (trendyville)
Elysee
2006-05-14 08:02:35 UTC
If you like musical plays and shopping -- pioneer square

NE and NW Portland has lots of rustic scenery -- nice restaurants & bookstore. SE Portland -- Hawthrone (gay & lesbian area)

Downtown portland (SW Portland) has the Saturday market.

You can visit the Oregon Coast. Sea Lion Cave.
televisionmademewhatiam
2006-05-14 06:29:52 UTC
Go to Timberline Lodge up on Mount Hood. Stay overnight and have a nice meal with drinks.

Visit OMSI and get a Japanese box lunch across the street at Anzen.

Multnomah Falls is nice too, but take the scenic route.
Allie
2006-05-13 13:13:21 UTC
Go to Multnomah Falls, its outside of Troutdale on I-84, it's absolutely beautiful there, if you are able to take a longer drive, Astoria nice, and so is Silver Falls