Question:
What are the avenues or streets that divide portland Oregon in to south, east, west, and north. THank you!?
jaimedolsetd
2006-05-10 10:49:43 UTC
I'll be going there soon and I don't know my way around if I'm given a street address.
Three answers:
parrotjohn2001
2006-05-10 15:26:12 UTC
The most important artery within Portland is Burnside Street. This is the dividing line between north and south Portland. Dividing the city from east to west is the Willamette River, which is crossed by eight bridges in the downtown area. From north to south these bridges are the Fremont, Broadway, Steel, Burnside, Morrison, Hawthorne, Marquam, and Ross Island
2006-05-11 00:10:58 UTC
You shouldn't need to know the streets that divide. Each street sign (for the most part) will list which section you are in. For example, it will say SW Flanders or NW 13th.

The best thing to do is get a map and everytime you have to go somewhere, plan a route beforehand. As with many metropolitan areas, Portland has many one way streets, so a good plan is your best bet. : )
AK
2006-05-17 17:14:45 UTC
Burnside divides North South

Willamette River divides East West

There is a street called Division, don't let it confuse you...it divides nothing.